Milk Thistle Extract / Silymarin
Botanical Source: Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn
CAS No.: 65666-07-1 / 22888-70-6
Plant part used: Seed
Appearance: Fine Yellow to Yellowish Brown Powder
Specifications: Silymarin 80%, 98% UV;
Silybin 30% ~ 98% HPLC
|Appearance: Fine Yellow to Yellowish- Brown Powder||Particle Size: 80 Mesh|
|Loss on Drying: NMT 5.0%||Ash Content: NMT 0.5%|
|Total Plate Count: < 10,000cfu/g||Total Yeast & Mold: < 1,000cfu/g|
|E. Coli: Negative||Salmonella: Negative|
|Arsenic (As): NMT 1ppm||Lead (Pb): NMT 3ppm|
|Cadmium (Cd): NMT 1ppm||Mercury(Hg): NMT 0.1ppm|
Milk thistle is used often for liver disorders, including liver damage caused by chemicals, Amanita phalloides mushroom poisoning, jaundice, chronic inflammatory liver disease, cirrhosis of the liver, and chronic hepatitis. Nevertheless, researchers have not yet concluded with certainty that milk thistle is effective for any of these uses.
Silymarin is extracted from the seeds of milk thistle which is of medicinal asteraceae plant. It is yellow powder or crystal powder and tastes bitter. Milk thistle extract is widely used in medicines, health products, cosmetics and foods. Milk thistle seed might protect liver cells from toxic chemicals and drugs & enhance the effects of estrogen.
1. Treating hepatitis;
2. Protecting liver cell membrane and improve the liver function;
3. Protecting the brain and remove the free radical of body;
4. Detoxify, reduce the blood fat, and be good for gallbladder.
5. Promoting the secretion of bile and inflammation;
6. Strengthening antioxidant, can remove the body of free radicals, delay senescence.
2. Storage: Keep tightly sealed, store away from moisture, strong heat and sunlight;
3. Lead time: 7-10days after order confirmed;
4. Shelf Life: 2 years if sealed and stored in the recommended conditions;