Milk Thistle Extract
Botanical Source: Silybum marianum (L.) Gaertn
CAS No.: 65666-07-1 / 22888-70-6
Plant part used: Seed
Appearance: Light Yellow Powder
Specifications: Silymarin 80%, 98% UV;
Silybin 30% ~ 98% HPLC
Milk thistle is used often for liver disorders, including liver damage caused by chemicals, Amanita phalloides mushroom poisoning, jaundice, chronic inflammatory liver disease, cirrhosis of the liver, and chronic hepatitis. Nevertheless, researchers have not yet concluded with certainty that milk thistle is effective for any of these uses.
Silymarin is extracted from the seeds of milk thistle which is of medicinal asteraceae plant. It is yellow powder or crystal powder and tastes bitter. Milk thistle extract is widely used in medicines, health products, cosmetics and foods. Milk thistle seed might protect liver cells from toxic chemicals and drugs & enhance the effects of estrogen.
1. Treating hepatitis;
2. Protecting liver cell membrane and improve the liver function;
3. Protecting the brain and remove the free radical of body;
4. Detoxify, reduce the blood fat, and be good for gallbladder.
5. Promoting the secretion of bile and inflammation;
6. Strengthening antioxidant, can remove the body of free radicals, delay senescence.